“But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won’t know what we’re talking about. But for you who welcome him, in whom he dwells—even though you still experience all the limitations of sin—you yourself experience life on God’s terms. It stands to reason, doesn’t it, that if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he’ll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus, bringing you alive to himself? When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life. With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ’s!
So don’t you see that we don’t owe this old do-it-yourself life one red cent. There’s nothing in it for us, nothing at all. The best thing to do is give it a decent burial and get on with your new life. God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go! Romans 8:9-14 The Message
Have you ever felt dead on the inside. Life doesn’t excite you anymore, you are going through the motions, breathing in and out from day-to-day, but not truly living? God did not design us this way. Jesus died so we have and enjoy life! Live it to the full, until life overflows! That sounds nice and good, but some days you just feel barely alive. What do we do on those days? Romans 8 says that Jesus has delivered us from the dead life. If Christ is living on the inside of us then we are alive in Him! That means we can enjoy life and have the passion we once had. There are many reasons why we can begin to feel dead on the inside. Maybe you’ve lost hope today. You may feel as if things will never get better. You have thoughts rolling through your brain that just when you get ahead, something sets you back again. We all feel this way at one point or another, but I am here to encourage you today that with God all things are possible if you just keep believing!
“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” John 10:10 Amplified
When you start to feel lifeless, hopeless, and like all passion is gone, look to Jesus. In Him, is the life you long for. The Spirit of God is calling you, run to Him and find rest. In His presence is peace and freedom from worry and frustration. When you start to feel blah, take time to get in the presence of God. It’s amazing how strength and a new sense of purpose springs forth as you wait on God and allow Him to revive you!
The battle is all in your mind! When you find yourself frustrated, negative, and trying to grasp at change on your own, stop and hand the battle over to the Lord. He will fight for you and he will cause all things to work together for your good!
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28 NIV
6 Ways to Feel Alive Again:
1) Get your mind off of yourself and your problems. Realize it’s not that bad… no matter how bad it may be. This too shall pass. You will get through it.
2) Make a list of all the things you are thankful for and focus on the positive!
3) Shake it off: Do something different for a change. Stop going around the same old mountain, try a new route.
4) Remember all the things that God has brought you through in the past. He has never failed you, let you down, or given up on you. He won’t this time either!
5) Spend time in the presence of God and in the Bible… God’s Word will bring life & strength to you!
6) Add the phrase, “Oh Well,” to your vocabulary. Don’t waste your time and energy stressing over the things in life that you can’t control. Learn to say, “Oh Well”, and decide not to worry about it.
What do you do when you are feeling blah and hopeless? Share your comments below!