What motivates you to keep on keeping on? Some days we just don’t feel very motivated to do much of anything. We’ve all been there, right?. How do you stay motivated when life seems mundane? I believe in setting goals and having dreams. A goal or a dream gives you something to reach for, a target to shoot for. Ask yourself this today,” What are my dreams & goals, and what am I doing to reach them?” If you don’t have any goals today, take a few minutes and jot some down. Where do you want to be a year from now, 5 years from now, even 10 years from now? How about your finances, are you in debt…would you like to be debt free? Do you want to be married one day? How’s your marriage, your relationship with your children, other family members? Do you want your life to be better? If you said yes to any of those questions, then set yourself a few goals and get a plan to accomplish the changes you want to see in your life.
5 Easy Ways to Stay Motivated:
1) Keep your dreams before you. After you set a goal write it down and look at it often. Don’t let it out of your sight.
Then the Lord answered me and said, “Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run. “For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay. Habakkuk 2:2-3
2) Realize you are in control of your life. I heard a quote the other day that said, “Life doesn’t have a remote, get up and change it yourself.” You can accomplish whatever you set your mind too. I have a friend that has always loved photography. She decided one day that she was going to go after her dream of photography. She didn’t know a thing about her camera, but she got the manual out and began to study and read, and play with the camera. She eventually figured out on her own how to take amazing pictures. She now owns her own photography business and she is very successful. She told me that one day she woke up and she said to herself, “I’m going to do this!”… And she did!
3) Keep your thoughts positive. It’s easy to take a turn down, “Negative Alley” and end up at a dead-end of hopelessness and despair. Don’t even go there. As soon as you start thinking a negative thought about your life, or your current situation, stop and choose to dwell on something good. You are in charge of your thoughts. Take control.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
4) Find Inspiration. What is it that inspires you? For me, it’s music. Music makes me feel alive, happy and inspired to do something great. I love listening to podcasts of amazing preachers that motivate me to come up higher in life. Some of the great ones I listen too are: Keith Craft, Jentzen Franklin, Joyce Meyer, John Bevere, Rick Renner, just to name a few. Check them out on iTunes. The Word of God (The Bible) inspires me. Find your inspiration and pursue it.
5) Get excited & Stay excited about your dreams/goals. Think about your dreams & goals daily. See yourself accomplishing them. I have a friend that recently made a Dream Journal. She put pictures of all the things she dreams to have one day… a home, her wedding dress, her dream car, ect. She can open her dream journal when she’s feeling a little less motivated and look at what she will have one day! Have a happy anticipation that good things are coming your way, that’s what hope is.
So, what are your dreams? What are you doing to go after them? God has an amazing plan for your life. You have gifts, and talents that can touch the world in a positive way. Pray and ask God to help you reach your dreams and don’t settle for anything less. Go for your dreams, reach high for the stars and make your life great…and do stay motivated along the way!
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11